Tom Kim is a Vice President with CBRE’s Valuation and Advisory Services group that serves the Midwest Region and based in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Kim is a member of the Industrial Valuation team and Practice Leader for the Chicago office.
Mr. Kim has expertise in institutional industrial assets located throughout the Midwest region, including core suburban and urban areas. Past valuation experience covers a wide range of industrial types that include existing and proposed distribution/warehouse, manufacturing, flex industrial, truck terminals, proposed business parks, food processing, cooler/freezer storage, lumber yards, concrete batching plants, container yards and portfolio analysis. In addition, Mr. Kim also specializes in the valuation of self-storage facilities within the Midwest Region with extensive experience in institutional assets and feasibility studies.
Since joining CBRE in 2006, Mr. Kim has also had experience in the valuation of CBD and suburban office, retail, multi-family, and a wide variety of special purpose properties. In addition, Mr. Kim has assisted in the closing of failed banks, as contracted by the FDIC, through analyzing loan and transaction documents of foreclosed real estate assets.
Mr. Kim’s dedication to his clients and expertise has positioned himself as one of CBRE’s nationally recognized top producers.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- State of Illinois Certified General Real Estate Appraiser License
- State of Indiana Certified General Real Estate Appraiser License
- State of Wisconsin Certified General Real Estate Appraiser License
- DePaul University; Driehaus College of Business
Bachelor of Science in Business (Finance)
- Nestle Portfolio, Midwest candy manufacturing facilities
- Whole Foods Warehouse, Proposed cooler/freezer storage warehouse
- FedEx Warehouse & Truck Terminals, Proposed and existing
- Heitman Industrial Portfolio, Quarterly valuations
- CalPERS (Centerpoint) Industrial Portfolio, Quarterly valuations
- Life Storage Portfolio, Self-storage portfolio
- The Lock Up Portfolio, Self-storage portfolio
- U-Haul Portfolio, Self-storage portfolio