As President of CBRE Valuation & Advisory Services, Thomas B. McDonnell, MAI, FRICS, CCIM has direct oversight of the Americas. His extensive experience in commercial real estate spans 25 years with over 20 years specifically focused on the analysis and valuation of commercial real estate.
As President, Mr. McDonnell is responsible for more than 775 professionals within the Americas, providing comprehensive valuation, advisory and consulting services for real estate owners, investors and lenders across all property types and geographies.
Mr. McDonnell currently sits on CBRE's Americas Strategy Group and Valuations Global Committee. Past committees include CBREs Americas Executive Committee and Americas Operations Management Board (AOMB), and an Executive Sponsor for CBRE University, which focuses on advancing professional learning and development.
Prior to being appointed President, Mr. McDonnell was Senior Managing Director of the North Central Region for CBRE Valuation and Advisory Services. Since 1991, Mr. McDonnell has been engaged in the preparation of real estate appraisals, rent and market studies of a wide variety of property types including office, retail, industrial, multi-family, mixed-use, land, self-storage, automobile dealerships, mobile home parks, net leased investments, hotel/motel, parking garages and various special purpose properties.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Appraisal Institute, Designated Member (MAI)
- Fellow of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser—State of Illinois
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Master of Agriculture Degree; Land Economics and Real Estate
- Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, Illinois
- Bachelor of Science Degree; Marketing
- ALLSTATE Investment
- Babson Capital Mgmt LLC
- Bank of the West
- Bridgestone Firestone
- CIBC World Markets
- Citizens Bank
- Citibank, F.S.B.
- Cohen Financial
- Credit Suisse
- Eurohypo AG
- Galileo Funds Management Ltd.
- Goldman Sachs
- Guarantee Bank
- Huntington National Bank
- Illinois State Teachers
- KeyBank Real Estate Capital
- Manulife Financial
- National City Bank
- Northern Trust Company
- Northmarq Capital
- PNC Bank
- Principal Real Estate Investors
- RBS Greenwich Capital
- Rubicon Asset Management Ltd.
- SunTrust Bank
- Toyota Finance Services