Mr. Peterson is an expert in commercial real estate investments, with a detailed understanding of both the capital markets and commercial real estate fundamentals. During his tenure with CBRE Capital Markets | Debt & Structured Finance, Mr. Peterson has successfully originated, underwritten and closed commercial mortgage debt and equity for all property types across the country.
Mr. Peterson has also developed a successful multifamily practice, financing large apartment properties as a direct lender via Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, and HUD/FHA.
Mr. Peterson’s areas of expertise include:
- Permanent Debt Financing
- Joint Venture Equity, Preferred Equity
- Bridge Loans
- Mezzanine Debt & Structured Financing
- Capital Workouts & DPOs: CMBS lenders, Banks, Portfolio Lenders
Mr. Peterson began his professional career during school while working for a technical consulting firm as a research and marketing specialist for the integration of wireless devices in the workforce. Shortly thereafter, he began his career in commercial real estate as a financial analyst and assistant at one of the fastest growing senior housing companies in the country. Mr. Peterson then capitalized on both his technical and financial experience to join CBRE Capital Markets | Debt & Equity Finance (formerly L.J. Melody & Company), the investment banking arm of the largest commercial real estate firm in the world.
At CBRE Capital Markets, Mr. Peterson has developed an extensive network of capital sources:
- Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer
- Fannie Mae DUS
- Life Company Correspondent
- Wall Street/Securitization
- Regional and National Commercial Banks
- Debt Funds, Opportunity Funds, Pensions Funds, etc
Mr. Peterson is the Capital Markets division leader for San Diego, leading certain functions and collaborations between the DSF & Investment Properties divisions. During his time at CBRE Capital Markets since 2002, Mr. Peterson has been a major contributor to the financing of over $5 billion in transactions.
Professional Affiliations and Accreditations
- California Licenses Broker and Salesperson
- Student Mentor: University of Colorado, Leeds School of Business
- Instructor: University of San Diego, Certificate Program, Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Pacific Ranch Homeowners Association, President, 2008-2016
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- University of Colorado, Bachelor of Science Degree; Business with emphasis in Business Finance and Information Systems
- Additional courses in Real Estate Principals, Real Estate Practice, Legal Aspects of Real Estate, Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Appraisal
- CBRE University, Course Completions
- Real Estate Form: 40 Under 40 – 2015
- Daily Transcript: Top Commercial Real Estate Leaders – 2016
- Top Producer, CBRE San Diego
- 2004 CBRE Debt & Structured Finance, Southern California MVP Award