Michael Griffiths is a Senior Vice President within Occupier Advisory and Transaction Services in the CBRE San Francisco office. He represents commercial office tenants in the San Francisco Bay Area and advises his clients on real estate strategy, planning, financial analysis, transaction structuring and execution. He works with clients across all industry verticals, but has a specific focus on technology companies with high velocity and disruptive business models.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Griffiths was a Senior Director at Cushman & Wakefield. In 2014, he and his team secured the largest office lease in San Francisco history, a 714,000 square feet (s.f.) lease at Salesforce Tower. The lease has a total obligation of over $1B. Also in 2014, Mr. Griffiths and his team completed the 77,000 s.f. lease and naming of Salesforce Tower London, the first time a building was named and branded by an occupier in the City of London.
Before his tenure at Cushman & Wakefield, Mr. Griffiths spent six years working for Visa Inc. as Director, Global Portfolio Management and Director, Global Corporate Real Estate Strategy, where he oversaw the strategy, planning and portfolio management for Visa’s 2.5M s.f. global real estate portfolio of owned and leased assets. He also spent seven years as a management consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton, Inc., Kaiser Associates, Inc. and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC) in both Washington, D.C. and San Francisco.
Mr. Griffiths lives in San Francisco with his wife Julia and son Hall.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed California Real Estate Salesperson
- CoreNet Global
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP)
- San Francisco Real Estate Exchange (SF|Rex)
- The Belden Club
- SF New Tech
- University of California, Berkeley – Cal Alumni Association
- University of California, Berkeley – Haas Leadership Society
- Penn State Alumni Association, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
- Penn State President’s Club
- University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business, Master of Business Administration; Real Estate and Finance
- Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Science; Business Logistics
- CoreNet Global, Master of Corporate Real Estate (MCR)