Mark Cassata is a First Vice President with CBRE’s office occupier business, focusing on tenant representation in Downtown Chicago. He takes a strategic, systematic approach to his clients’ transactions. By paying close attention to detail, he ensures all their needs are identified and satisfied.
Before he joined CBRE in 2011, Mark was with NAI MLG Commercial in Madison, Wisconsin, where he specialized in office tenant representation. In less than two years, he completed more than 30 transactions and led the company in business development. MLG named him Rookie of the Year, and at 23 he was youngest person on the 2011 list of “40 Under 40” published by IN Business magazine.
When he made the move to Downtown Chicago, Mark quickly became known as an industry leader and a source of key information on emerging market trends. He has been cited multiple times in Crain’s Chicago Business, and he regularly leads CBRE’s meetings to discuss the market issues at work in Downtown Chicago.
Mark is consistently among CBRE’s top young producers and has been awarded CBRE’s Chicago Circle honors in 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- City of Hope Cancer Research – Chicago Future Leaders Board Co-Founder and Steering Committee Chair
- Chicago Help Initiative – Sponsor and Volunteer
- Sigma Phi Epsilon – National Volunteer and Sponsor
- Illinois State University – College of Business
- University of Richmond – Robin’s School of Business
- Inland Real Estate (national portfolio) | 700,000 SF
- Schiff Hardin | 170,000 SF
- Barack Ferrazzano | 100,000 SF
- Chicago Teacher's Union | 100,000 SF
- Harrison Street Real Estate Capital | 52,000 SF
- Belvedere Trading | 50,000 SF
- Textura Corporation | 48,000 SF
- Cardinal Health | 40,000 SF
- RBS - Charter One Bank | 35,000 SF
- Merkle | 35,000 SF
- Amli Residential | 30,000 SF
- General Dynamics | 26,000 SF
- Extreme Reach | 20,000 SF
- Michael Baker International
- Chicago Teacher's Pension Fund
- Chicago Principals and Administrators Association