Mario Melone is one of the Chicago-area’s top retail brokerage experts. He joined the CBRE Retail Services Division in 2000 and has expanded his practices to specialize in tenant/purchaser representation, landlord/seller representation, land services and shopping center leasing.
Mario is a retail market leader in the automotive and restaurant industries, where a significant portion of his tenant/landlord representation efforts have been focused. He represents both local and national tenants in rolling out new locations and concepts, as well as property dispositions and acquisitions. He also represents significant landlord entities in securing quality tenants for their properties.
Recently, Mario joined CBRE’s Land Services Team and assists owners and investors in the sale and acquisition of retail-zoned development opportunities, out-lot sales and vacant land. He also specializes in the sale and acquisition of free-standing buildings on behalf of his clientele.
A shopping center expert, Melone works with owners and local and national tenants on leasing strategies and site selection initiatives.
He has successfully completed brokerage transactions with a total consideration of approximately $1.8 billion and he has consistently ranked as one of CBRE Chicago’s top 10 retail brokers for the past 10 years.
- In 2002, Mr. Melone received the CBRE National Retail “Rookie of the Year”, the CBRE “Rookie of the Year” for all brokerage specialties in the Chicago region, as well as “Rookie of the Year” for the Oak Brook office.
- CBRE Retail Top 10 Retail Broker for the Chicago Region in 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- CBRE Top Retail Broker for Oak Brook office 2012
- Member of of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).
- Member of the Retail Advisory Board of CBRE for the Chicago region.
- Member of CBRE Oak Brook office Advisory Board
- Northern Illinois University - Bachelor of Arts Degree, School of Education
- ATI Physical Therapy
- Bill Kay Automotive Group
- Clothes Mentor
- Drive Time
- Ed Napleton Automotive Group
- Eddie Merlots
- Floor & Decor Outlets
- Ford Motor Company
- Golden Corral
- Harris Bank
- Krispy Kreme
- Michael Jordan's
- Naf Naf Grill
- On the Border
- Ram Restaurant & Brewery
- State & Main
- Vein Clinics of America
- VW/Audi of North America
- Ziegler Auto Group