Jo McGarry Curran is a First Vice President with CBRE Retail Services in Hawaii. She is considered the specialist in restaurant commercial real estate in Hawaii. With a background in the food and beverage industry spanning more than 20 years, McGarry has a unique approach to the world of restaurant real estate.
Ms. McGarry was the restaurant specialist at Honolulu Star Advertiser and the publisher of Gusto Magazine for ten years, and is the former food columnist with MidWeek, with a readership of more than 300,000 loyal food fans weekly. She is also the former owner of the successful Edinburgh Soup and Sandwich Bar, "McGarry's", a well-loved part of downtown business district life in the capital city of Edinburgh, Scotland.
Formerly the Restaurant Specialist at Colliers International in Honolulu, Jo brings a wealth of experience in the commercial restaurant field and establishes strong, positive relationships with her clients. Known for an impeccable reputation and unparalleled market knowledge her current client list is made up of more than 40 of the most cutting edge restaurant owners in Hawaii.
Jo’s long running radio talk show, Radio MoJo, is a weekly hour of conversation with chefs and winemakers about the food scene in Hawaii and beyond. Her experience of the restaurant industry in Hawaii and in Europe and her years spent as a food and wine writer have given her unprecedented access to restaurant operations – both front and back of house.
- Hawaii Restaurant Association
- Restaurant consultant to ChefZone/YHata
- Founder MoJo. The Business of Food, Hawaii's only full-service restaurant consulting firm
- Host, Radio MoJo. Hawaii's only radio talk show devoted to restaurants and food
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member
- Licensed real estate salesperson, state of Hawaii
- Edinburgh Western General Nursing Degree, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Ala Moana Hotel by Mantra
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
- Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center
- Gateway Mililani Mauka
- Gentry Pacific Design Center
- Podmore Building
- D'Ascoli Building
- Bethel Union
- Bevy Bar
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries
- Hawaiian Pie Company
- Istanbul Restaurant
- Jade Dynasty Chinese Restaurant
- Koa Cafe
- La Tour Cafe and Bakery
- Limon Rotisserie
- Murphy's Grill and Bar
- Nalo Farms
- Nashville Waikiki
- Ocean House Kaneohe
- Over Easy
- Piggy Smalls
- Pint and Jigger
- Silk Road
- Square Barrels
- Tamura Enterprises, Inc.
- Tamura's Fine Wines and Spirits
- The Pig and the Lady
- Village Bottle Shop and Tasting Room