Jess Simmons rejoined the Jacksonville CBRE office in 2008 as a land specialist following a multifaceted real estate career. His history with CBRE goes back to 1985 when he began his real estate career as an industrial specialist. Jess’s real estate experience includes economic development and incentive negotiations, site consulting and selection, project finance, residential land acquisition and development.
Real estate assignments have been diverse and include entitled residential, waterfront high rise, mixed use, assisted living, and commercial tracts. Other assignments include industrial, recreational land, farmland, and golf courses. Jess has completed one large portfolio land sale and is working on another in a large mixed use business park in Jacksonville.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed Real Estate Sales Person
Has sold over 4,000 acres at $22M in the last three (3) years, transactions include:
- Mr. Simmons has a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Tulane University
- Leased 120,000 square feet for Baker Brothers in Jacksonville.
- Represented Interline Brands in a warehouse lease in Puerto Rico.
- Secured sites in Dallas, Miami and Atlanta for Flight Safety International and arranged over $100 million in financing.
- Secured a 100 acre site in Alabama for a 700,000 square foot distribution center for Jo Ann Stores and negotiated over $8 million in state incentives.
- Secured 100 acre sites in Pennsylvania, Oklahoma and Alabama for three 1,000,000 square foot distribution centers for Big Lots, Inc. and negotiated more than $30 million in state incentives.
- Performed site selection services in more than 30 states.
- Acquired 1,100 single family and townhome lots for a national home builder.
- Developed more than 500 single family lots for a national home builder.
- American Tourister, Inc.
- Baker Brothers
- Big Lots, Inc.
- Flight Safety International
- Interline Brands, Inc.
- Jo Ann Stores, Inc.
- The Haskell Company
- Bank of America
- Crescent Resources
- Landmar, LLC
- Regions Bank
- Florida Power & Light
- Flagler Development
- Wells Fargo