Ian Murphy is a Director at CBRE, Inc and a member of a top producing Occupier Advisory and Transaction Services team based in Downtown Chicago. He provides brokerage and transaction management services to high growth firms, most notably Uber Technologies and Industrious. Ian’s approach incorporates an emphasis on focused execution to achieve client’s financial objectives while maximizing lease flexibility.
Since joining CBRE in 2012, Ian has completed nearly 240 transactions for occupier clients totaling over 3.25 Million rentable square feet, including projects in over 30 States and over 15 different Countries. In addition to executing transactions, Ian continuously focuses on strategic initiatives that can be implemented across client’s real estate portfolios.
Prior to joining CBRE, Ian was a member of Pyramid Management Group’s leasing team. During his time at Pyramid, a privately held shopping center developer with approximately 20M square feet under management, Ian focused on development leasing with nationally recognized retailers.
- Outreach with Lacrosse & Schools - Associate Board Member | 2017 - present
- Colgate University Alumni Council - Advisory Board Member | 2017 - present
- Urban Land Institute - Program Committee Member | 2013 - 2017
- Colgate University Men's Lacrosse Booster Club - Board President | 2011 - 2015
- Licensed Illinois Real Estate Broker | 2012 - present
- Colgate University, Bachelor of Arts, concentration in Economics
Men's Varsity Lacrosse, 2x Team Captain
- American Express
- Brookfield GRS
- FDH Velocitel
- Ditech Financial
- Marriott International
- Managed by Q
- Nielsen Company
- Uber Technologies