Dan Ellis is an Alliance Director within CBRE’s Global Corporate Services group, responsible for the Carlson Companies corporate headquarters campus in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Carlson Hospitality Worldwide campus in Omaha, Nebraska. Dan manages the engineering, operations, project management, program management, construction and financial disciplines for the account. He works closely with Carlson’s upper executive management and drives business growth and possibilities, leading a multi-discipline team of engineers, project managers and program managers. Dan was crucial in supervising and implementing the project management outsourcing transition in 2013. Dan joined CBRE in 1997 and has over 35 years of engineering, operations and management experience.
Through Dan’s time with Carlson, he and his team of professionals have achieved several distinguished awards. Under his management, the account has achieved U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED Silver Award in 2011, CBRE’S Account Excellence Award in 2012, and CBRE’s Dark Green Award four years in a row, from 2010 through 2014.
Prior to joining CBRE, Dan spent several years in various real estate positions, bringing a wide variety of engineering and operational experience in the areas of hospitality, retail, multi-tenant and corporate headquarter facilities.
- Facility Issues Best Practices Conference, San Francisco, CA – Presenter (2000)
- Janitorial Efficiencies and Customer Satisfaction, Grand Rapids, MI – Presenter (2001)
- CBRE Cornerstone Award, given to those individuals who exemplify commitment and dedication (1999)
- Golden Rose Award, for development and implementation of the crisis management plan (2002)
- U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED Silver award (2011)
- CBRE’S Account Excellence Award (2012)
- CBRE’s Global Corporate Services Dark Green Award (2010-2014)