Clay Hammerstein has devoted his 26-year career to the representation of commercial real estate tenants throughout the United States.
Recognized repeatedly by Los Angeles Business Journal, Real Estate Southern California, Real Estate Forum and Commercial Property News as one of the top brokerage professionals in the industry, Mr. Hammerstein provides strategic advisory and transaction implementation services to leading service firms and major U.S. and multi-national corporations.
Prior to the merger of Insignia/ESG (IESG) and CBRE, Mr. Hammerstein served as a co-founder and co-leader of IESG’s Southern California brokerage division. In this capacity, he was critical to the successful expansion of the firm into the Western U.S., and its development into a top-tier occupier services firm. Before joining IESG, Mr. Hammerstein was a top sales professional and Managing Director of Studley’s downtown Los Angeles office.
Mr. Hammerstein co-founded CBRE’s international Law Firm Practice Group, which has served over 70 of the top 100 law firms in the country. He has a deep knowledge of the legal industry’s evolving trends and unique space needs and advises many of the leading law firms on their occupancy strategies.
A creative dealmaker and skilled consensus-builder, Mr. Hammerstein has extensive experience representing some of the world’s most respected financial, consulting and creative firms, including Goldman Sachs, State Street Bank, Credit Suisse, McKinsey & Co., Netflix, Condé Nast, Gensler and all of the WPP companies with their Los Angeles requirements.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Board Of Directors, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, L.A. Chapter
- Colbert Coldwell Circle Member, top 3% of CBRE professionals worldwide (2003-2013)
- Among Top 25 CBRE Office Brokers Nationwide (2009-2011)
- Real Estate Southern California’s Annual Top Broker List (2004-2012)
- Los Angeles Business Journal’s Top Office Broker List (2007-2012)
- University of Colorado, Bachelor of Science; Political Science
Partial Client List