Annie Baxter is a Vice President in the Advisory & Transaction Services Practice and a member of CBRE’s Location Incentives Group. The group advises clients globally with site selection and economic incentive negotiations and provides strategic advice regarding clients’ overall commercial real estate initiatives. With more than 12 years of experience in economic development, Ms. Baxter has led large site selection projects and negotiated incentives as a local community, a utility provider and on behalf of the state of Georgia resulting in more than 7,000 new jobs and more than $2 billion in investment. She has an in depth understanding of all decisions that contribute to successful site selection.
Prior to joining CBRE, Ms. Baxter served as a Business Recruitment Manager at Duke Energy Corporation where she was responsible for creating a business development strategy to identify and recruit large energy users with planned expansions to Duke’s six-state territory.
Prior to her role at Duke Energy Corporation, Ms. Baxter served as the Director of Logistics, Energy, Agribusiness and Food Processing team at the Georgia Department of Economic Development. She was responsible for recruiting companies in these sectors to locate in Georgia and managed a team of project managers who assisted company decision-makers, led tax incentive negotiations on the state’s behalf, and generated leads for planned expansions.
Ms. Baxter also has experience with the Electric Cities of Georgia and the Albany Dougherty Economic Development Commission recruiting new industry to Georgia, with an end goal to expand the state’s tax base.
- Globe Street Real Estate Forum, Industrial Influencer, 2019
- Georgia 4-H Foundation, Board Member, 2019 – 2022
- NAIOP Georgia, Board Member ‘13,’14; ‘16-present, Volunteer of the Year 2017
- NAIOP Future Leaders Class 2011; Executive Committee 2012; NFL Director 2013
- Consultant Connect, Top 50 Economic Developers in the United States – 2015, 2016
- Leadership Georgia Graduate – 2016
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish and Public Relations from the University of Georgia